MY TALENTED FOLLOWERS

Jenny Lawrence

My photo
Ashford, Kent, United Kingdom
Hi and welcome to cardsarus blog spot My name is Jenny Lawrence and I live in Kent. My dear and wonderful husband Tony passed away in March 2019 We had been married for 36 years. I also lost my first Husband to the big C when I was quite young. I have 3 children and 3 stepchildren. 12 Grandchildren and 5 Great Granddaughters and 3 Great Grandsons. I have been card making for about 25 years. I have made things all my life as my Mum and Grand Mother taught me lots of hobbies. I have made my own clothes, knitted garments, hand embroidered items of clothing, and crocheted items too. I love to bake my own cakes as well.

Thursday 26 September 2013

FOLDED PAPER CHRISTMAS TREE

H i and welcome to my blog all my craft loving
friends and visitors.

Thank you soooooo! much for all your lovely
comments on my little box of cards.
Now I have made a mistake silly me and forgot
the envelopes, typical of me, so I now have the 
task to make the envelopes to fit the cards, as I
don't have that size in my stash.

Well I have been quite busy today with baking
for the Macmillen  coffee morning tomorrow,
and looking after my great grandchildren for
a couple of hours this afternoon.

Yesterday I made a mistake with one of the 
challenges I entered.
I got the wrong end of the stick as usual.
The Frugal Christmas Card challenge was
supposed to be a Christmas card made out of
something that isn't already a Christmas image,
or die or such like. You can use Christmas 
paper and a sentiment, but he embllishment
or Christmas item should be made out of
something that is not Christmas.
So here is what I decided to make.

CLICK TO ENLARGE.


This is a 5"x5" size card.
I coloured the edges with a promarker.
I embossed the dark green card with the 
Special Touch Mica Mask Ivy Background,
but I used the other side of it this time, because
I thought it looked a bit like holly.
I then cut my Christmas paper into 2" /2" and a
half, and 3" squares. I used the 3" square twice
on the bottom of the tree.
I then folded it like you would tea bag folding.
glued them all together and added some very 
small buttons and a ribbon.
I hope you like my idea, the tree folds fairly 
flat for posting..

Thank you again for visit and time.
Lots of crafty love.  JENNY.

I would like to enter this onto the following challenges.
http://thecraftylaydee.blogspot.co.uk/2013/09/a-frugal-christmas-card-competition.html 
http://stampingforpleasure.blogspot.co.uk/ 
 September 2013 Rudolph Day.

16 comments:

Sarah said...

Your creative mind never ceases to amaze me Jenny!! What a simple but fantastic idea for using up scraps. I haven't done teabag folding for yonks, you've inspired me...again!! xx

Sue said...

This is gorgeous Jenny, such a fantastic tree design and I love the buttons.
hugs Sue xx

Anonymous said...

Oh-I am SO glad you came back Jenny :) FAB-ulous tree-what a great idea and fabby folding!
Hugs,Nessa xxx

Marie-Louise said...

This is brilliant Jenny. Such a great idea for the tree.

cuilliesocks said...

Hi Jenny, what a clever idea which looks great. Love the tree with the buttons and that embossed background, hugs Kate X

JD/ Jill said...

Great card for Nessa's challenge! Very creative!

Carole Z said...

Hi Jenny, what a delightful Christmas card..love the buttons! Carole Z xx

Patricia Howarth said...

Morning Jenny, I love it !! and it is a brilliant idea with the tree, and the buttons make beautiful faux baubles.
I hope your Macmillan coffee morning goes well, I have been doing the same thing this week, we have a Church Fundraiser on Sunday afternoon 'High Tea' and I put my name down for a coffee cake, so got out my recipe books, and have been practicing, Graham's work colleagues have been enjoying the tastings ha ha.
Lots of love from Patricia xx

Sarn said...

Hi Jenny . . . absolutely LOVE this origami tree festive card. Great idea for Nessa's Frugal Challenge. Have emailed you - as this is your 2nd entry to Rudolph Day and I'm sorry to say only 1 entry is allowed.

Hugs
Sarn xxx

Christine Harrop said...

Great origami tree Jenny. Love the background. Christine xx

Hazel said...

Jenny love how you have done the origami tree on this one. Great card.

Hazel xxxx

MRS DUCK said...

Hi Jenny
Clever idea with the tree. Good luck with the challenges.
Ang x

Craftyhugs said...

Amazing once again. Love that Christmas tree, the dimension you've created is fab!
My you have been busy this week crafting and busy with life!
Hope you are well honey?
I have a kitten hanging around my house which seems to be lost so trying to find its home . I'd take her in but unfortunately my cats and dog won't have her in the house.
Bless
Take care
Hugs xx

Sue said...

What a fab card my lovely fairy godmother its gorgeous ..glad you like your LOTV images have fun colouring them huggles Sue xxxxxx

scrappymo! said...

Great tea bag folded tree! You have made it up to a lovely card!

Stamping With Bibiana said...

love it, love it
bibiana