MY TALENTED FOLLOWERS

Jenny Lawrence

My photo
Ashford, Kent, United Kingdom
Hi and welcome to cardsarus blog spot My name is Jenny Lawrence and I live in Kent. My dear and wonderful husband Tony passed away in March 2019 We had been married for 36 years. I also lost my first Husband to the big C when I was quite young. I have 3 children and 3 stepchildren. 12 Grandchildren and 5 Great Granddaughters and 3 Great Grandsons. I have been card making for about 25 years. I have made things all my life as my Mum and Grand Mother taught me lots of hobbies. I have made my own clothes, knitted garments, hand embroidered items of clothing, and crocheted items too. I love to bake my own cakes as well.

Wednesday 21 August 2013

BUTTERFLY MAGNETS PATTERN

Hi and welcome to my blog my craft loving
friends and visitors.
Thank you for all the comments on the 
butterflies.
Here is the pattern for those of you that wanted
it. I'm no pattern expert so I do hope you can understand my ramblings as the great Sue P 
would say.

With double knitting wool and a crochet hook
make 15 chain sts.
Join the chain together.
1st Row.
Make 3 triple crochet sts and 4 chain sts between
each of the 3 triple crochet sts. Continue like
this till you have 8 sets of these in the circle.
2nd Row.
Make 3 triple crochet sts into where you have
the chan, then 4 chain sts, and 3 more triple
crochet sts all in the same hole.
Carry on like this till you have gone right 
round.
3rd Row.
Into the chain if the last row, make 8 triple
crochet sts then do  one double crochet st
between the chains. this gives you the
scolloped edge.
Now when you look at your finished circle
it looks like a lovely doily or flower.
Fold in half so you have 2 scollops either
side. put you pipe cleaner round and twist 
for the antenna. I added a couple of beads
for the end.
I do hope you can follow my poor tutorial
of this.
These are the butterflies.


Thank you again for your visit.
I hope you have a really great crafty day.
Lots of crafty love. JENNY.

7 comments:

Sarah said...

Thanks Jenny, I am going to have a go at those little cuties xxxxx

Patricia Howarth said...

Morning Jenny, Wow, I love these butterfly magnets, thank you for the tutorial, I wish I could crochet.
Lots of love from Patricia xx

cuilliesocks said...

Hi Jenny, can't crochet myself, but love these little butterflies, they are just gorgeous. Thanks for the tutorial, maybe one day!!, Hugs Kate x

Pop's Cards said...

Good morning sweetie, this is really gorgeous I would love to learnt o crochet, hugs Pops x

Patricia said...

Good evening Jenny, I love these beauties. I might just have a go at them. I have some crochet cotton in pretty colours.
Thank you for the instructions.
Hugs

Patricia xxx

Hazel said...


Jenny love these butterflies, how cute are these.

Hazel xxx

Rita said...

Stunning butterflies Jenny. I will have a go at those, so Thank you for a super tutorial. Hugs Rita xxxx