MY TALENTED FOLLOWERS

Jenny Lawrence

My photo
Ashford, Kent, United Kingdom
Hi and welcome to cardsarus blog spot My name is Jenny Lawrence and I live in Kent. My dear and wonderful husband Tony passed away in March 2019 We had been married for 36 years. I also lost my first Husband to the big C when I was quite young. I have 3 children and 3 stepchildren. 12 Grandchildren and 5 Great Granddaughters and 3 Great Grandsons. I have been card making for about 25 years. I have made things all my life as my Mum and Grand Mother taught me lots of hobbies. I have made my own clothes, knitted garments, hand embroidered items of clothing, and crocheted items too. I love to bake my own cakes as well.

Thursday 2 February 2017

BUTTERFLIES IN A JAR CARD.


Hi and welcome to all my very talented friends, and visitors.

I do hope everyone is keeping well.

Today I have a card I made for the current Butterfly Challenge which I like very much to support as I love Butterflies.
I promise no Butterflies were harmed in this project, and I don't advocate keeping Butterflies in a jar either.



This is a 6"x5" size card.
I started by inking my background card with Archival Potting Soil Ink, and then as it was too dark I used Peanut Brittle Memento Ink on top.
I then stamped my Butterflies with the Potting Soil Ink randomly.
So on to my Jar that was stamped with Potting Soil too.
Didn't have Brown Stazon Ink for the Acetate so I used Black.
Painted the colours with Memento Inks, and added some glitter to the trails of the Butterflies flying around.
Decoupaged the lid, and added some watered down Starlight paint to make the lid look metallic.
I can't tell you how many times I stamped the jar and butterflies to get it right as either one of the butterflies stamped wrong or the sentiment stamped wrong. lol.

Thank you so much for your visit, and time as I know time is precious to all of us.
Lots of crafty love.  JENNY.





I would like to enter this into the following challenges. 
http://butterflyspotchallenge.blogspot.co.uk/2017/01/71-butterflies-u-is-for-underneath.html 

16 comments:

Barb said...

What a lovely card Jenny and it's just perfect for Mrs. A's butterfly challenge.

Your background is lovely and I really like the glittery trails inside the acetate jar. A really lovely card. Barbxx

Wendy L said...

It's gorgeous Jenny, I think we all love butterflies, xxx

karenlotty said...

Such a clever card Definitely worth the effort of the stamping onto acetate

cuilliesocks said...

OMG Jenny this is marvellous, I love the design and the wonderful colours, love it all, Kate x

Kathleen said...

Totally fabulous, love the way you have done the lid and all that glitter, brilliant creation.

Kath x

Sarah said...

Such a beautiful card Jenny, I can clearly see the meticulous work that went into it. Love the idea of the jar and the pretty butterflies. When we were little, My sister and I used to call the seed heads from dandelions "fairies" . We used to catch them and put them in jam jars and feed them Farley rusks to make them grow!! Mum and DAD used to take the rusk out of the jar when we had gone to bed so we would think the fairies had eaten them!! Seeing your jar reminded me...thanks for the memory jog!! xx
.

pam said...

Fantastic card design Jenny, love your jar filled with colorful butterflies.
Pam x

Chris said...

It's a beautiful card Jenny, love that jar of butterflies (wouldn't if they were real ones!), very pretty!
Chris
x

Christine Harrop said...

This is a lovely card and fits the challenge theme perfectly. Love and hugs. Christine xx

Patricia Howarth said...

Morning Jenny, I love the colours on this card, and the background is fabulous, I love how you have created the jar and the stamping behind. So glad you provided a 'Disclaimer' haha, I wouldn't have liked 'real' butterflies to be in a jar !!
Lots of love from Patricia xx

Mrs A. said...

This is a delight Jenny. I just love your jar of butterflies and they are under the lid, brilliant. Love the background of butterflies too. Thank you for fluttering by my challenge. Hugs Mrs A.

Lia said...

This is a great card Jenny. Love the butterflies in the jar and the inside of your card as well!
Lia xx

Rainey's Craft Room said...

Such a lovely card, so much shimmer and sparkle.
Lorraine

Sue B said...

This is a gorgeous card Jenny!… such a beautiful background that you’ve created and I love the shimmer and the gold jar top. It’s a great sentiment too!
Hope you are keeping well
Lots of Love Sue B xx

MRS DUCK said...

Hi Jenny
Stunning card. You can really see the shine from the gold paint.
The background paper is super too.
Best wishes.
Ang x

scrappymo! said...

This card is so beautiful, Jenny! I love the way you made the lid of the jar that gorgeous golden colour.
The butterflies are so pretty and shimmery too!