MY TALENTED FOLLOWERS

Jenny Lawrence

My photo
Ashford, Kent, United Kingdom
Hi and welcome to cardsarus blog spot My name is Jenny Lawrence and I live in Kent. My dear and wonderful husband Tony passed away in March 2019 We had been married for 36 years. I also lost my first Husband to the big C when I was quite young. I have 3 children and 3 stepchildren. 12 Grandchildren and 5 Great Granddaughters and 3 Great Grandsons. I have been card making for about 25 years. I have made things all my life as my Mum and Grand Mother taught me lots of hobbies. I have made my own clothes, knitted garments, hand embroidered items of clothing, and crocheted items too. I love to bake my own cakes as well.

Sunday 14 August 2016

3x3 MINI BOOK MADE WITH SOME SNIPPETS



Hi and welcome to all my very talented friends, and visitors.
A few of you asked how we did last week at the fund raising event.
It was over 2 days last weekend and they took over £1,000 in all, and my stall took £73 over the 2 days.
This is going towards gym equipment for the clients that live at my daughter's place of work.
They all have learning problems, and health issues so it was for a very good cause.

Today I have a 3x3 inch mini book I made because I have been wanting to try this for a long time.




The book actually measures 3 and a quarter inches for the cover, and 3 inches for the pages.
I used a 12x12 size paper for the pages.
For the front and back cover I used a few snippets of paper, some snippets of lace, I also used snippets of card for the tags that go in the pockets.
So I i'll be off to join my playgrounds friends again this week at the snippets playground.
Anyone interested in making one of these can find the U Tube video
 Part 1HERE
Part 2 HERE

Thank you for your visit and time I very much appreciate every visit, and comment.
Lots of crafty love.  JENNY.

I would like to enter this into the following challenges. 

29 comments:

Christine Harrop said...

A great mini book Jenny! I bet youreally enjoyed doing it. I shall pop over and watch the video when I nhave some time. Hope all is well. Hugs Christine xx

Janice said...

Hi Jenny, so glad that you were able to raise so much money for a good cause. Lovely memory book. I will look on YouTube for tutorial. Janice xx http://createdbyjan.blogspot.com

Patricia Howarth said...

Morning Jenny, Well done !! what a fabulous 2 days your fundraising has brought, brilliant !!
I love this mini book and I love how you have decorated it, gorgeous !!
Lots of love from Patricia xx

Patricia Howarth said...

Morning Jenny, Well done !! what a fabulous 2 days your fundraising has brought, brilliant !!
I love this mini book and I love how you have decorated it, gorgeous !!
Lots of love from Patricia xx

Wendy L said...

This is gorgeous Jenny. I made one of these and take it with me when I travel with blank papers in the pages and use it as a diary and for shopping lists. xxx

cuilliesocks said...

Hi Jenny, totally fabulous work, so small but so detailed, love it Kate x

Mrs A. said...

Super little booklet. So good for using all those snippets of paper up and tiny embellishments. Hugs Mrs A.

Pamellia said...

Oh my gosh Jenny, this is just amazing!! I love the cover, so many wonderful elements on such a small space! All those fabulous pages, and all on a teeny tiny scale! Well done!! Thank you so much for joining us at Frilly and Funkie for our 'It's a Small World' challenge! Hugs, Pamellia DT :)

Liz said...

Fabulous project, Jenny. I love all the detail. xx

Suzanne C said...

Beautiful mini album and perfect for our Small Small World Challenge at Frilly and Funkie! Thanks for playing along with us!

Marie-Louise said...

Super project Jenny.

McCrafty's Cards said...

Wow Jenny, this is absolutely gorgeous, I like all the detail
Kevin xx

Sandma's Handmade Cards said...

This is lovely Jenny and something that I'd like to have a go at myself. I'm full of good ideas but I always tend to gravitate towards making a card as that's really my comfort zone. It's good to try something different and you've done a wonderful job here. Well done too on the money that you've raised too for such a good cause. Crafty hugs, Sandra X

Sally H said...

wow, wow, wow, Jenny! This is absolutely gorgeous! I love it! What a brilliant way to use some snippets! Wonderful!

KandA said...

This is wonderful Jenny and I love all the details on the front xx

Sarah said...

I am so pleased that the fund raiser did well and for such a brilliant
Cause too. I really love this mini book Jenny and am amazed at how tiny it is. With all the pretty details that you have added I thought it must be at lease 6x6!! xx

Kathleen said...

Good grief this must have taken you an age, but it was certainly worth it, a stunning and fabulous creation.

Kath x

Irish Cherokee said...

That is one cool mini book Jenny. Very nicely done.

Hugs and Blessings,
Jim

Di said...

Absolutely STUNNING Jenny! What a load of work but a brilliant result! I even spotted a couple of things from the prize Jules donated to the Playground - so much interest, it's gorgeous!

Hugs

Di xx

*Vicki* said...

WOW!! This mini book is absolutely stunning Jenny!! I just love all of the wonderful details and embellishments you've decorated it with too!! What a stunning project to share!! HUGS :)

Rainey's Craft Room said...

This is a sweet little mini album Jenny, lots of gorgeous details. I love making mini albums as well, especially creating all the pockets and hidden flaps in them. Well done on the fund raising event too.
Lorraine

Sarn said...

WOW - 3x3? That must be a real change for you Jenny as you often do 8x8 cards! I must say it looks wonderful and great fun to make. Thanks for sharing the video.

Congrats on your fundraising.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

MRS DUCK said...

Hi Jenny
What a delightful little book. Must have took some patience but so worth it. Well done with the fund raising .......3/4 of the money raised just from your stall, that's brilliant!
Ang x

Barb said...

Hello Jenny, what an absolutely gorgeous mini book. The little charms look so pretty. Barbxx

Chris said...

It's beautiful Jenny, so much lovely detail - a tiny work of art!
Chris
x

Cara said...

What a wonderful little book, just stunning. So glad that the fund raising went well too. Cara x

scrappymo! said...

This is so lovely, Jenny! I like the embellishments you have used here and I also really like the tags that fit in each of the page pockets!

Jane Willis said...

Absolutely wonderful! I spotted this in the picks at the playground - well done - and just HAD to come over for a closer look. Gorgeous!
Jane

Kathy/NorthCarolina said...

I just love little books, and this one is so much fun! I want to hold it in my hands and pull out all the little tags in those pockets! Thanks so much for joining the fun at Frilly and Funkie "It's a Small, Small World" Challenge.