MY TALENTED FOLLOWERS

Jenny Lawrence

My photo
Ashford, Kent, United Kingdom
Hi and welcome to cardsarus blog spot My name is Jenny Lawrence and I live in Kent. My dear and wonderful husband Tony passed away in March 2019 We had been married for 36 years. I also lost my first Husband to the big C when I was quite young. I have 3 children and 3 stepchildren. 12 Grandchildren and 5 Great Granddaughters and 3 Great Grandsons. I have been card making for about 25 years. I have made things all my life as my Mum and Grand Mother taught me lots of hobbies. I have made my own clothes, knitted garments, hand embroidered items of clothing, and crocheted items too. I love to bake my own cakes as well.

Sunday 31 July 2016

BUTTERFLY CHALLENGE NO 59......................P IS FOR PUNCHES AND OR/ PINK


Hi and welcome to all my craft loving friends, and visitors.
Just managed to make this today for the Butterfly Challenge.
Now this made me think as I don't have any punches that are butterfly shaped.
I know your all shouting it doesn't have to be a butterfly punch well I knew that, but still I was at a quandary what punch to use, because of a on going  eye problem I can't see to line up the edger punches of which I have a few.
So I had a light bulb moment, and remembered I had a Martha Stewart set of circular punches which were languishing in a bottom draw in my craft room.
 So here is my card to enter the challenge.



This is a 8"x8" size card.
I used the Martha Stewart Modern Lace circular punch.
Threaded some ribbon through the design.
The butterfly is a very old wooden stamp I have had for ages, and I heat embossed it with white embossing powder, and then coloured it with Colour  Cloud Inks, and used a Quickie glue pen and Glamour Dust to give it some sparkle.

Thank you so much for your visit, and time.
Lots of crafty love.  JENNY.

I would like to enter this into the following challenges.

21 comments:

Marie-Louise said...

Gorgeous card Jenny.

MaryH said...

It's a gorgeous card, and I love your idea with the circles & ribbon. It's just beautiful, & clever on your part to think of doing this as a background for this lovely sparkling butterfly. I love how you think out of the box when you're creating! Hugs & Happy Sunday. TFS

cuilliesocks said...

Absolutely gogeous, Jenny, beautiful colour and lots of lovely embellishments, Kate x

Jean said...

This is so pretty Jenny,the butterfly looks really delicate and I like the way the roses echo the lovely background paper.
Jean x

Mrs A. said...

So pretty. The circular punch was a great idea and reminds me that I have one too. The colours are lovely and so is that design paper. Thankyou for fluttering by my challenge where your card will be entered for the prizes twice. Hugs Mrs A.

Kathleen said...

Gorgeous card Jenny, very pretty papers and a great design.

Kath x

Patricia Howarth said...

Morning Jenny, This card is gorgeous, beautiful colours, I love it. I too have these Martha Stewart circle punches, and mine are languishing too, I must get mine out again.
Lots of love from Patricia xx

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Oh, wow!!! This is adorable!! The doilies made with the MS circular punch look wonderfully on this lovely paper! And the lace is a perfect detail! Love so much this sparkling butterfly, so delicate!
Great work!
Thanks for sharing your lovely card at the Butterfly Challenge #59!
Hugs
:)

Chris said...

It's beautiful Jenny, fabulous delicate butterfly framed by the pretty punched circle, lovely colours and L/O - love how you decorate the insides of your cards so beautifully!
Chris
x

Erika said...

A beautiful soft girlie palette on this card. Loving the butterfly too.

Hugs Erika. x

*Vicki* said...

Oh Jenny, this is so elegant and pretty!! I love that butterfly and all of your stunning details on this! HUGS :)

karenlotty said...

Lovely card Jenny It made me think about the few punches I own and thought what would I have done!

Mrs A. said...

Hi Jenny, Thank you for noticing our outfits Mrs A gets them on our behalf from the local Hospice shop. They all fit perfectly and have hardly ever been warn. Most of them have a label inside which says 3-6mths so that must mean how long they have had them for sale!! hugs Norm.

MRS DUCK said...

Hi Jenny
Very pretty card. Lovely colours and papers.
Best wishes.
Ang x

scrappymo! said...

This is perfect for Mrs A's challenge! Good thing you found those circular punches are they are lovely on this pretty card!

scrappymo! said...

This is perfect for Mrs A's challenge! Good thing you found those circular punches are they are lovely on this pretty card!

Pamellia said...

Wow, just gorgeous Jenny! Oh how I love all the pinks, so feminine and soft! Your big butterfly is beautiful, and I love your wreath of ribbon! Such a lovely card inside and out! hugs :)

Rainey's Craft Room said...

So so pretty Jenny. Love the circular punched layers threaded with ribbon and beautiful vellum butterfly too.
Lorraine

Cara said...

A beautiful card, sorry to hear about your eye problem. It must be so frustrating for you. Cara x

Di said...

Wow Jenny, this is just breathtaking! So, so pretty with loads of scrummy detail too.

Hugs

Di xx

Liz said...

Just beautiful, Jenny. Love the beautiful punched circles and all the lovely detail. xx