MY TALENTED FOLLOWERS

Jenny Lawrence

My photo
Ashford, Kent, United Kingdom
Hi and welcome to cardsarus blog spot My name is Jenny Lawrence and I live in Kent. My dear and wonderful husband Tony passed away in March 2019 We had been married for 36 years. I also lost my first Husband to the big C when I was quite young. I have 3 children and 3 stepchildren. 12 Grandchildren and 5 Great Granddaughters and 3 Great Grandsons. I have been card making for about 25 years. I have made things all my life as my Mum and Grand Mother taught me lots of hobbies. I have made my own clothes, knitted garments, hand embroidered items of clothing, and crocheted items too. I love to bake my own cakes as well.

Wednesday 15 June 2016

BUTTERFLY CHALLENGE NO 56 ........GUEST DESIGNER O....FOR OVAL AND OR OLIVE

Hi and welcome to all my very talented friends, and visitors.

I was lucky enough to win the 
BUTTERFLY CHALLENGE 
 again recently, and was asked by Mrs A to be the Guest Designer for this challenge.
Out of the letters of the alphabet left I chose the letter O and Mrs A gave me the colour Olive, and Oval to design a creation.
So here is what I came up with a rocker card, and a oval aperture card.






Now this colour set me a great challenge as I didn't have any Olive colour card, so I made up the colour with Crafters Companion Aqua Water Colour Pen, and sprayed it with Creative Expressions Phill Martin's Old Gold Cosmic Shimmer Mister. 
The oval butterfly card, and the tag  came in my lovely goody bag provided by Mrs A for my recent win.
The flowers, and the foliage are a Tattered Lace Die that came free with a purchase.
The second card I made with some lovely die cuts a dear blog friend sent me.

Thank you so much for your visit, and time.
I do hope you can join us in this wonderful challenge.
Lots of crafty love.  JENNY.

24 comments:

Janice said...

Morning Jenny, olive is not normally a colour that I would choose when making a card, but your creations are so beautiful.. Janice xx http://createdbyjan.blogspot.com

Pen Sunshinepen said...

Morning Well done on your win over at the Butterfly Challenge. I am your latest follower and look forward to seeing your work.

crafty hugs x

Liz said...

Congratulations on your Guest Designer spot over on the Butterfly Challenge. You've come up with two fabulous designs. xx

Marie-Louise said...

Congratulations Jenny. Two gorgeous cards.

Christine Harrop said...

Two really super cards Jenny, but I love your rocker card. It's something I have never yet done so I might have a go at it soon. HOpe things are well with youand Tony. Love and hugs Christine xx

Patricia said...

Great cards Jenny, I really like your beautiful designs.
Patricia x

Pamellia said...

Wow, these are beautiful Jenny! So many pretty elements, I love the fancy shapes!! Soft colours and lots of butterflies, can't go wrong with that I say!! Love them both. hugs :)

Mrs A. said...

Your cards really are lovely and now I can see the beautiful inside of the second card. I feel very honoured to have you back again as my Guest Desinger. Thakyou so much. Hugs Mrs A.
p.s. My internet problems are not over yet as the router fell over during the night and had to be rebooted again this morning so don't know how long I will stay on for this time.
It took Talk Talk 5 months to fix the connection last time.

Sarah said...

These are fantastic Jenny, love the rocker card and how you have added the pretty lace and the oval frame on the second is really eye-catching. The olive green looks great too, sophisticated somehow xx

Chris said...

Hi Jenny, thanks for your so lovely comment on my blog, I'm on holiday in Cornwall at the moment, not supposed to be blogging but it's tipping it down at the moment, it has been all day...so I'm passing the time! Have had a look round your lovely blog, you are one talented lady, there are loads of fabulous cards here! Am now following you, we're practically neighbours and it'd be rude not too :)
Chris
X

Patricia said...

Jenny thank you for your very kind offer. . Windows 10 downloaded itself a couple of weeks ago and I am floundering. Till then I managed the links fine. I have managed to get to my Blog which is a blessing.
Patricia xxx

Patricia Howarth said...

Hi Jenny, Both cards are stunning !! I'm loving the colour combinations you have used, and your compilations are beautiful.
Lots of love from Patricia xx

Patricia Howarth said...

Hi Jenny, Both cards are stunning !! I'm loving the colour combinations you have used, and your compilations are beautiful.
Lots of love from Patricia xx

Sue said...

Hi my lovely fairy godmother! what gorgeous cards these are and I love how you got the colour too..how clever!!! hope you are all well..lots of huggles from the J household and sloppies too xxxxxxx Sue xxxxxxx

cuilliesocks said...

Hello Jenny, two gorgeous cards, I love the olive shades on both cards and the rocker card is stunning with all the beautiful detail, your second card is more delecate but no less gorgeous, fabulous work, Kate x

McCrafty's Cards said...

Both cards are beautiful Jenny, I like the designs
Kevin xx

Kathleen said...

Well you have certainly conquered this challenge, not only once but twice. Two magnificent card and I bet Mrs A is well pleased with these, well if she isn't she should be shot at dawn.

Kath x

MRS DUCK said...

Hi Jenny
Two brilliant cards, both perfect inspiration for the challenge.
Congrats on your win and guest DT stint.
Ang x

Rainey's Craft Room said...

Two super cards Jenny, shaped cards always seem more interesting and these are gorgeous.
Lorraine

MaryH said...

Congratulations on your big win at Butterfly, and being asked to set the theme for a challenge. I enjoyed reading your creation of the olive (it's so very beautiful too!). Very clever of you. The oval easel card is outstanding, as is the way you've done all the elements. So very pretty. And #2 - just bloomin' gorgeous, Jenny. Will have to see if I've any Olive and can join in this time. Both are just beautiful looks, done with your usual attention to all the wonderful details. TFS & Hugs.

Erika said...

Hi Jenny your olive and white colour combo works perfectly for this card, love the shape too. As always you've used a lovely combination of dies. Congrats on your win and theme challenge.

Hugs Erika. x

Cara said...

Two fab cards, great inspiration. Cara x

pam said...

Two beautiful cards Jenny, love these butterflies and colours you have used, gorgeous details and designs.
Pam x

karenlotty said...

Two beautiful cards in the perfect colour you created