MY TALENTED FOLLOWERS

Jenny Lawrence

My photo
Ashford, Kent, United Kingdom
Hi and welcome to cardsarus blog spot My name is Jenny Lawrence and I live in Kent. My dear and wonderful husband Tony passed away in March 2019 We had been married for 36 years. I also lost my first Husband to the big C when I was quite young. I have 3 children and 3 stepchildren. 12 Grandchildren and 5 Great Granddaughters and 3 Great Grandsons. I have been card making for about 25 years. I have made things all my life as my Mum and Grand Mother taught me lots of hobbies. I have made my own clothes, knitted garments, hand embroidered items of clothing, and crocheted items too. I love to bake my own cakes as well.

Tuesday 3 May 2016

WEDDING CARD AND BOX

Hi and welcome to all my very talented friends, and visitors.
I do hope you enjoyed your Bank Holiday weekend.
We had family visits, and that is always very nice.

Today I have a Wedding Card and Box I made for my Sister's granddaughter, but the wedding never took place.




This is a 8"x8" size card and box I made to fit.
The colour scheme I was given was Salmon Pink, Ivory, and Navy.
I didn't have the right colour card for the Salmon Pink so I inked some pearlised ivory card with Versa Magic Pink Petunia chalk Ink.
The oval mat was cut out on my ScaNcut machine from the Tattered Lace USB stick.
Now you may think I paper pierced the corners, but it was a happy accident, as the card used was very thick and they just embossed.
So I thought that looked nice for a change.

Thank you so much for your visit, and time.
Lots of crafty love.  JENNY.

20 comments:

MRS DUCK said...

Hi Jenny
A divine set, as your special occasion ones always are.
What a shame you didn't get to use them for this particular couple.
Ang x

Pamellia said...

Wow, just so beautiful Jenny!! I just love the shimmery papers that you use, this pearl one works so perfectly for a wedding card. Wonderful layering of fancy die cuts, and your flowers are stunning!! hugs :)

Jo said...

Gorgeous! You do layers & die cuts soooooo well!Love the colours & the pretty flowers too!
hugs Jo x

Cara said...

Beautiful, sorry that the wedding didn't take place. Cara x

Wendy L said...

Gorgeous card and box Jenny, hope you used it for something else. xxx

Erika said...

A beautiful wedding card Jenny, shame it didn't take place. Could you not gently replace the personalised ovals and use for someone else? It seems a shame not to use such a lovely card. As always you have used a lovely selection of dies.

Hugs Erika. x

Rainey's Craft Room said...

A beautiful card, very opulent with the pearlised card stock. Such a shame this day never happened.
Lorraine

cuilliesocks said...

Hi Jenny, what a pity the wedding didn't take place, always sad when a couple change their minds, but nevertheless your card is beautiful, wonderful design, maybe you can use it again with the name changed, and someone else can treasure it, Kate x

Rita said...

Your card is absolutely Stunning. Such a pity when these things happen though. Hugs Rita xxxx

Jean said...

This is really beautiful Jenny. The pearlised card is gorgeous, and your die cuts and embellishments make it look really luxurious.
Jean x

Sarah said...

Such a shame this glorious card never got to be shared Jenny. Gorgeous as usual!! xx

Kathleen said...

Oh dear, what a shame, but what a stunning creation, totally beautiful.
I always said that if anything ever happened to Chris I would never get married again, I may change my mind, just so I could get a card from you, lol.

Kath xx

pam said...

Stunning wedding creation Jenny, such a shame it was not used, I would use for another wedding event, place a smaller oval over the main one on the card..
Pam x

LesleyG said...

How sad, but what an elegantly ornate creation, and unusual colours xxx

Barb said...

Absolutely stunning Jenny. How sad that it was never used. Barbxx

Sue said...

Awww such a shame it was not used my lovely fairy godmother it's such a stunning card..lots of huggles and sloppies from the J household xxxxxxxx Sue xxxxxxxxx

Darnell said...

Oh, my goodness, what a lot of work and time went into making this spectacular card and box, Jenny! I wish you could just put a piece of correction tape over the names and use new names for the next wedding. I do love the happy accident with the lovely borders! Take care and be well!! Hugs, Darnell

aussie aNNie said...

Stunning work and love the added gorgeous colours and bling beautiful border...sorry to hear of your loss to Jenny.xxx  {aNNie}

Liz said...

A gorgeous card, Jenny. Such a shame the wedding didn't take place. xx

MaryH said...

This is absolutely stunning, and loved the story on the embossed corners. They really are quite spectacular, and add so much to the moire effect of the papers. Too bad the wedding didn't happen, but at least you have a most lovely card on hand for the next wedding you may need it for. The colors are so pretty, and your inked coloring to get the shade needed turned out very well indeed! TFS & Hugs