MY TALENTED FOLLOWERS

Jenny Lawrence

My photo
Ashford, Kent, United Kingdom
Hi and welcome to cardsarus blog spot My name is Jenny Lawrence and I live in Kent. My dear and wonderful husband Tony passed away in March 2019 We had been married for 36 years. I also lost my first Husband to the big C when I was quite young. I have 3 children and 3 stepchildren. 12 Grandchildren and 5 Great Granddaughters and 3 Great Grandsons. I have been card making for about 25 years. I have made things all my life as my Mum and Grand Mother taught me lots of hobbies. I have made my own clothes, knitted garments, hand embroidered items of clothing, and crocheted items too. I love to bake my own cakes as well.

Sunday 23 August 2015

SNIPPETS CHALLENGE CARD

Hi and welcome to all my craft loving friends,
and visitors.
May I welcome my newest followers, and thank 
you so much for choosing to follow me, and I do hope to see you as often as you can manage it.

Thank you soooooo! much for patience with my
commenting.
I shall try, and get round to most of it tonight, and
tomorrow night as I have to look after my 2
Grand Children tomorrow.
No baking though as Mum says they will all be
getting fat if we keep making such delicious cakes.

Yesterday was very busy, as the fete was from 
12pm to 4pm, and then afterwards my daughter
had invited us to a barbecue at her house.
So I was exhausted when we arrived home. 

Now on Tuesday it's the Rudolf Challenge again
and this snippets card came from the waste of
what I made for that challenge.
So I am so pleased I can join in the antics at the
playground this week with it.



This is a A5 size card.
Cream base card.
Black, and Creative Expressions Vintage Gold
card stock.
I used the Sue Wilson Embossing Folder 
Swirling Holly.
The inside sentiment is a stamped one heat 
embossed with old gold embossing powder. 

Thank you so much for your visit, and time.
Lots of crafty love.  JENNY. 

I would like to join in the following challenges
with this. 
http://pixiescraftyworkshop.blogspot.co.uk/2015/08/pixies-snippets-playground-week-191.html 

20 comments:

Patricia Howarth said...

Hi Jenny, So glad you have had a good time at the fete and then a BBQ afterwards.
This card is gorgeous, I love the simplicity of it, but it is oh, so effective, I love it.
Lots of love from Patricia xx

Christine Harrop said...

It's great to be able to make use of the negative too Jenny. You have made a great card with it. I'm afraid I don't think enough!!! Hugs Christine xx

Sarah said...

What a brilliant way to use up what would normally be waste Jenny...gorgeous and so elegant. Glad the fete went well xx

Jean said...

A beautifully elegant Christmas card Jenny, and a great way to use the negative part of the die cuts. I like the use of the red pearls too.
Jean x

Barb said...

What a lovely way to use us your waste. Something I really get satisfaction from doing. I really like your colours and those red "berries". That's a really pretty embossing folder. Barbxx

Kathleen said...

What a great idea, great card and love the embossing folder.

Kath x

MaryH said...

Simply gorgeous waste! All you UK bloggers that showcase these wonderful SW products have me drooling, even though I've promised myself I will scale back on the die purchases. I see something pretty like what you've done on this card and I want that die! Love the way you've used this die as a focal image, and then accentuated it even more with the embossing shape behind the motifs. Very pretty and great design. The inside is just as lovely, and those colors are so very pretty, and I like the traditional treatment so much. A really wonderful look on this one. As always! TFS & Hugs

pam said...

Beautiful card from your negative waste Jenny, lovely embossing.
Glad you had a good day and night out.
Hugs Pam

Wendy L said...

Looks gorgeous Jenny. Grandkids come first !!!!
xxxx

karenlotty said...

Just lost my comment! Just said that I forget to use the waste! I love the colours you've used If ever you have too many cakes and bakes I could find them a new home!

Liz said...

Love this card - what a great way to use the waste! Lovely design and the traditional colours are just perfect. xx

aussie aNNie said...

Wonderful colours used on this gorgeous creation...xxx
{The Journey Is The Start aNNie my personal blog}

Rainey's Craft Room said...

A busy weekend Jenny, now time for a rest :)
Lovely card made from snippets - I really should attempt to whittle my pile of snippets down before I get lost under it, lol.
Lorraine

Алексровер Анна said...

Jenny, love the noble palette of your card, great and clever work! Every summer I promise myself to begin prepare Christmas cards beforehand , but ( never can do it)))))

Di said...

Beautiful Christmas card there Jenny! Great idea to use the waste as you did!

Hugs

Di xx

cuilliesocks said...

Hello Jenny, no wonderf you are needing a rest, what a busy time for you.
Gorgeous card, lovely dies and design, great use of bits and pieces, hugs Kate x

*Vicki* said...

Such an amazing Christmas design here Jenny!! I just love the gold papers!! :) HUGS

Jacee said...

Gorgeous festive card Jenny, a great design, I do love those berries, great idea. Enjoy your day with the grandchildren, they are such a joy, they grow up so quickly, us grans have to get all the cuddles in now, LOL
hugs Jacee
Simply Paper Card Design

Sarn said...

Just perfect! xxx

MRS DUCK said...

Hi Jenny
I love the vintage gold and black together and its a combo I use often.
Fantastic how you have used the aperture left by the holly die.
Brilliant card.
Ang x