MY TALENTED FOLLOWERS

Jenny Lawrence

My photo
Ashford, Kent, United Kingdom
Hi and welcome to cardsarus blog spot My name is Jenny Lawrence and I live in Kent. My dear and wonderful husband Tony passed away in March 2019 We had been married for 36 years. I also lost my first Husband to the big C when I was quite young. I have 3 children and 3 stepchildren. 12 Grandchildren and 5 Great Granddaughters and 3 Great Grandsons. I have been card making for about 25 years. I have made things all my life as my Mum and Grand Mother taught me lots of hobbies. I have made my own clothes, knitted garments, hand embroidered items of clothing, and crocheted items too. I love to bake my own cakes as well.

Wednesday 6 August 2014

GRANDSON'S CAS CARD

Hi and welcome to all my craft loving friends,
and visitors.
 I am really glad you popped by and I love to 
read your wonderful comments.

Now since I started blogging a few years ago, I
have made so many friends in various parts of 
the world, and I also communicate with a few
through private emails.
All this is possible with our wonderful technology
that we sometimes take for granted.
I don't know about you but I never touched a 
computer till I started to make cards.
Now my DH was always on the computer, and
so was my children, but being 65 years young,
we never had computers at school, like they do now.
So what I have learnt has been with the help of
my DH, and playing around with my computer.
I am quite proud of myself, setting up my blog,
as I had no idea what to do, and my DH was 
not sure either so I soldiered on, and so glad I 
did, otherwise I would not have all of you as
my friends.
Sorry if Ive waffled on too much, just wanted
to thank all of you for you wonderful friendship.

So to my card this one I made for my Grandson
who is now in his twenties.
Sorry about the stamping as I used some snippets
card from my box and I used Distress Ink, and
the card was wrong for that type of ink and bled
a little.




This is a 8"x8" size card, made from A3 PMD
card.
I decided to use my embossing folder that came
with my EBosser  and use it sideways on the 
card.
Now as many of my regular friends, and visitors
to my blog know I don't very often make CAS
cards, as I can't stop my self putting just one
more item on it. lol.

Thank you again for your time.
Lots of crafty love. JENNY.

10 comments:

aussie aNNie said...

FAB-ulous again...love love love.xxxThe Journey is the Start

Carole Z said...

HI Jenny, I love your CAS card, fab design with the stamping and embossed background: I think that deciding to start blogging about 3 years ago was one of the best things I've done - because I have met so many lovely like-minded people, just like yourself, big hug Carole Z X

MaryH said...

Jenny, Enjoyed your post, and I'm so proud of you for learning how to use your computer. It's not always real easy if you don't have somebody to help you out a little bit, as it's quite confusing at first. My #2 brother got his 1st pc at age 65; now going on 84 and he builds them! Self-taught too. You've done magnificently & I'm so glad I got to make friends with you. Building a blog is not easy either! I'm grateful for all the help I've had from other bloggers with tips, how-to when something doesn't work properly, so I think Blogging is just a wonderful hobby for us more mature folks. It's such a blessing to able to get acquainted with fellow cardmakers who live far away and learn something about their lives & part of the world. I feel blessed. Your card is lovely as always. I didn't notice any problem with your stamping, thought it looked quite vintage and 'young man' like. Bet he did as well. Great design idea to use your EF sideways...it was very effective. TFS & Hugs

Hazel said...

Jenny. Yes it is unusual for you to do CAS cards, this is lovely and there is nothing wrong with your stamping. Like you I am glad I got my blog up and running. Hazel xx

Patricia said...

Good evening Jenny,
Your stamping looks fine to me, love the CAS card.
You have do so well on your computer ..... far better than I ever could.
I am such a Technophobe and I admit it. As long as things are going well I am fine.
Hugs

Patricia xx

Sarah said...

I did wonder if you had been kidnapped when I saw the title with CAS in it!! However, it is a fabulous card Jenny and I would still be able to pick it out in a line up as one of yours!! xx

cuilliesocks said...

Hi Jenny fabulous card, love your stamping and the design of the card, great embossing too, hugs Kate x

Kathleen said...

Fabulous card, love the black and white and the great image.

Kath x

MRS DUCK said...

Hi Jenny
The stamping is fine chuck. Just adds to the vintagey look.
I have met so many lovely peeps through the blog (going to a craft show with two of them on Sunday) so I'm glad I took the plunge too.
Best wishes.
Ang x

scrappymo! said...

I think we all have blogging to thank for the fabulous friendships that have been created through our blogs!
You have done brilliantly on this CAS card.. I struggle with them as I always feel I need to add just one more thing...lol

Yoursis lovely and crisp with that black and white...I really like that crisp, clean look!