MY TALENTED FOLLOWERS

Jenny Lawrence

My photo
Ashford, Kent, United Kingdom
Hi and welcome to cardsarus blog spot My name is Jenny Lawrence and I live in Kent. My dear and wonderful husband Tony passed away in March 2019 We had been married for 36 years. I also lost my first Husband to the big C when I was quite young. I have 3 children and 3 stepchildren. 12 Grandchildren and 5 Great Granddaughters and 3 Great Grandsons. I have been card making for about 25 years. I have made things all my life as my Mum and Grand Mother taught me lots of hobbies. I have made my own clothes, knitted garments, hand embroidered items of clothing, and crocheted items too. I love to bake my own cakes as well.

Sunday 11 August 2013

HEARTFELT CREATIONS CARD

Hi and good afternoon to all you talented craft
loving friends and visitors to my blog.
I do hope you are having a pleasant Sunday.
Thank you for all your comments on my last
card.
I really do appreciate your time and comments.

For a while I have been wanting the Burst of
Splendor paper pad from Heartfelt Creations.
So luckily my hubby said the other day I could
buy it, and this is what I have made with it.
The picture in the frame is of my mother when
she was young.

CLICK TO ENLARGE.


Now the inside.



My mother was always decoupaging flowers
from old Birthday cards onto photos before
putting them in a frame.
So as I was using a photo of my mother I 
thought I would follow her example.
My card is an 8x8 size.
As I didn't have quite the colour card I needed
for this I distressed my card with Peeled Paint
Distress Ink, I also did this to matt and layering
card only this time I used Wild Honey Distress
Ink. 
I'm not sure I think I should have used Antique
Linen instead. What do you think ?
I decoupaged the corner of the paper pad, and 
cut out the smaller flowers from elsewhere in 
the paper to go round my mother's photo.

Thank you again for your visit.
Lots of crafty love.  JENNY.

16 comments:

Kelly Lloyd said...

Jenny this is stunning, a wonderful card. The colours are gorgeous. Your mums photo looks gorgeous too.
Love it
Hugs Kelly

Marie-Louise said...

Gorgeous card Jenny. Such beautiful papers. The design and colours are wonderful. Your Mum was certainly very pretty.

Christine Harrop said...

Fabulous Jenny! What a lovely idea to use a picture of your mum. So personal. And to also follow her example with the decoupage is pretty special too. Love from Christine xx

Sue said...

Oooo what fab papers Jenny they are gorgeous! and what a corker your mam was very pretty. I will look to see if I have a bag to smuggle you in, I'm not sure poor Maureen will know whats hit her but I'm soooooooo excited and one day we will get a trip up and come visit you cos I would love too lots of huggles and stunning card and so glad your getting inky!!! Sue xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx sloppies from Ollie xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

MRS DUCK said...

Hi Jenny
Beautiful card and a lovely snap of your Mum. You certainly do feature her.
The papers are stunning. Im good with Wild Honey rather than Antique Linen.
Lovely!
Ang x

Sarah said...

Jenny, I wouldn't have changed a thing...it's just fabulous!! Sarah x

cuilliesocks said...

Jenny this is so beautiful, what a lovely photo of your Mum, I can see a resemblance there. You've created a stunning card with those wonderful papers too, Love it. Is it for someone, or just a card you wanted to make?, Hugs Kate x

Carole Z said...

Hi Jenny, this is a stunning card using such gorgeous papers and the lovely photo of your Mum..love it! Carole Z X

Sue said...

This is stunning Jenny. Such a beautiful photo of your mum and I love the way you have decorated the frame. Those papers are gorgeous and the inked edges look fabulous too.
hugs Sue xx

Patricia Howarth said...

Morning Jenny, I'm in love !! I haven't seen these papers, and now I've seen your card, I'm in love with them. Your card is stunning, I so love the colours, they fit perfectly together, and I agree with the Wild Honey it complements perfectly, lovely pic of your Mum too, you should do a scrapbook layout like this of your Mum.
I spent all afternoon yesterday, putting labels on the side of all my distress ink pads, I was so fed up with having to get them off the shelf and sift through them, to get the one I wanted ha ha.
Lots of love from Patricia xx

Unknown said...

Morning Jenny, what a gorgeous card. Your mum was a corker wasn't she, I can see the resemblance to you. Have a good day.
Carol.x

Planetsusie said...

Hi Jenny - definitely Wild Honey, it compliments everything on your card! Your mum certainly was a beautiful lady - and the apple doesn't fall far from the tree eh Jenny!! This is such a pretty card and I am envious of those papers!

Big hugs to you matey and a squawk and kiss from Pidgy

Sue Pxxx

Unknown said...

Stunning card and love the inside and oh those colours are gorgeous.x

Patricia said...

Absolutely stunning Jenny I love everything about this beautiful card.
These papers are so wonderful to work with and truly lend themselves to be decoupaged.#
Happy Crafting

Patricia xxx

Lidia R. said...

What a sweet creation!! Greetings!!

Lidia R. said...

What a sweet creation!! Greetings!!